Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wednesday September 2, 2009 Brian Brillo's Fund Raiser

I just got back from fellow Scott and BR Cycling Challenge contestant Brian Brillo's fund raiser for the Challenged Athletes Foundation. Brian had his event at L’Amour De Yogurt at 9975 Carmel Mountain Road in Rancho Penasquitos. He entertained by playing guitar and sining songs he's written as well as some acoustic cover versions of songs. "If You Could Only See" by Tonic was remarkable. L'Amour De Yogurt donated a portion of purchases to the Challenged Athletes Foundation. Tonight was just another benefit of being included in the Scott and BR Cycling Challenge. I got some great frozen yogurt. Listened to some great music and got to know my teammates a little better. I learned that Joy's Mom provides her with a great deal of support for her racing and her fund raising. It was really cool to hear the graditude in Joy's voice. I got to learn about the challenges Adam faces while resuming his athletic lifestyle after his cancer treatments. Adam's a great cyclist and is very passionate about the sport. I got to talk to Pat about joining the club of "being kicked off the island" today and the challenges he faces trying to train while doing a daily 96 mile commute to his job in Murrieta. I also got to talk about coaching with our ride leader, Mike and got to meet his wife. I also got to talk briefly with Rob M. as well. So, what I'm saying is that we've been given the opportunity to form great friendships while raising money for a very worthy cause.

No comments:

Post a Comment