Friday, September 25, 2009

Cracked Frame and a Broken Heart

I felt something very strange when I was doing a steep climb on Tuesday. It felt like something broke as my rear derailleur started skipping and my chain started grinding when I accelerated or stood up to climb. Turns out my frame cracked at the bottom bracket. I have the "Tour de Taco" coming up next week.  For those who don't know, the Tour de Taco is a fun ride with a group of friends where we take a train to Santa Barbara and ride back to San Diego.  In honor of the ride, I enlisted Wahoo's Fish Taco to donate 20% of purchases  at their Encinitas location to the Challenged Athletes Foundation.  Download the flier/coupon by clicking the document's link here:



So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about a ride.  I can either buy a frame and put my old components on it or buy a new bike.  Realistically, I can't afford to do either at the moment. Well, life will go on, but with a little less fun and adventure at least for the time being.  By the way, here I am with my baby before the Vineman Half Ironman in 2008.  Good times.


No comments:

Post a Comment