Sunday, July 12, 2009

July 12, 2009 Training Ride

Today's ride was hot, hot, hot. The day started out nice and cool as we rolled out of Fletcher Cove in Solona Beach. I rode with group 2 today and was just a little nervous because I knew there were some pretty good riders in that group. I felt comfortable right away though as we all chatted during the easy pace of the first miles of this 68 mile ride. The group stuck together pretty well until Del Dios Hwy. We did a regroup before heading into Escondido which where the first SAG stop was.

Heading out on Hwy 395 our ride leader, Lisa, got a pace line going. That was totally fun. It's a little nerve-racking as everyone has to be really attentive to the riders around them, road conditions and especially the wheel in front of them. I started to relax a little when I started focusing a little more up the road instead of directly on the wheel I was following. We kept a good pace, and everyone participated. We got another one going in Bonsal before we got to the bike path to Oceanside.

I got the opportunity to talk a little bit with a lot of the riders. "Antartic" Mike rode in our group and I got to find out a little bit about his attempt to break the pool lap swim record on Friday, July 17. His bid a couple of months ago was postponed as his wife got sick and is currently undergoing treatment. If you're around the Lomas Santa Fe Boys and Girls club on Friday or Saturday, stop by and swim a few laps with him.

I remain appreciative to the Scott & BR Cycling Team for the opportunity to ride with such a great group of people. Tuesday's the first cut will be announced. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment